How to Create or View a Resource List
At the Library Catalog, under the Catalog tab, there is a list at the left of the screen that offers a few choices. One of these is Resource Lists. A Resource List includes titles in the library collection that relate to a chosen topic. Any teacher can create a Resource List, or ask the librarian to create one.
- A teacher who wants to create Resource List must login to the Library Catalog, using the Login button at the top right of the screen. All teachers have been issued a username/password for this purpose. (If you don't know your username/password, ask the librarian.)
- Once logged in, the teacher chooses Resource Lists, and then will see a list of all the lists s/he has already created (if any.)
- To create a new list, click the Add List button. Name the list (it's helpful to include your own last name in the title) and click Public so that the list will be published for your students to see. Enter a description, if you like. Save.
- Next, search for the books or videos you want to include in this list, using the Library Search. Each time you find an item that you want added to your list, click the button to the right that says Add to this list.
- (You'll notice that the list most recently created appears in the Selected List box above your search results. You can select any of the lists you've created and add to them at any time by selecting a different list in this box.) Continue until your list is complete.
To view a Resource List:
Your students will not need to login to see the Resource List you've created. Anyone can see any Public List by going to the Library Catalog, selecting Resource Lists, and then the Public Lists tab. Lists can be re-sorted and printed, as needed.